Ibrahim A. Halloun has launched and contributed to many educational initiatives around the world. He has always been particularly interested in turning the educational system in Lebanon into a world class system. To this end, and among many other initiatives, he founded or co-founded:
- H Institute in 2016.
- The Coalition for Authentic Reform of Education in Lebanon (CARE-LB) in 2014.
- The pan-Arab International Arab Baccalaureate (IAB) program at the Educational Research Center in 2008.
- The Center for Resources in Education, Science and Technology (CREST) in 1990.
- The Lebanese Intellectuals Association (LIA) in 1986.
- The Lebanese Association of Science and Mathematics Teachers (LASMT) in 1988.
- The Lebanese Journal of Science and Mathematics Education (LJSME) in 1988.
H Institute is a nonprofit research and development organization committed to engraining the Culture of Excellence in society. It brings together highly dedicated and well-recognized professionals who live and work with heartiness (devotion and bravery), honor – and honors –, honesty, and humility, on top of other values that make up the Institute v.
Engraining the culture of excellence in society begins in, and is sustained through, education. That is why H Institute has a special commitment to education and a special respect to educators with significant achievement on the road of excellence. The Institute has launched in 2017 the “H Institute Award for Excellence in Education” to honor educators committed to excellence in their daily practice, and especially in their drive to empower students for success and excellence in life.
Click here to learn more about H Institute and its Award for Excellence in Education.
The Coalition for Authentic Reform of Education (CARE) in Lebanon is an initiative of H Institute. CARE brings together organizations and individuals committed to turning the Lebanese educational system into a world class, futuristic system that serves the primary function of upholding formal education as a high quality public good and a significant national investment for the 21st century and beyond.
Click here to learn about CARE.